Projects Galore

I've been working at home for the past few weeks which means I've had a lot more free time since I'm not wasting nearly 30 hours a week traveling. Luckily for me I had a few projects around the house that I've been putting off. The first was organizing all the sports equipment in my garage. With the help of my mom's boyfriend, I hung my kayak and bikes,  and made a rack for my skis.

 Now, I can actually put my car in garage! Imagine!

And then, thanks to a lot of time wasted on Pinterest, I also had some crafts and cooking I wanted to try. I pained my house before I moved in, but all the light-switch and outlet covers were still an ugly beige. So, I decided to decoupage them to make them look nicer. It was so easy, and they came out great! Here are the instructions. I can't wait to do more.



Another thing I saw on pinterest that immediately caught my eye, was homemade butterfingers. Butterfingers are probably my favorite candy ever, and I was so interested to see if I could make them. I did, and they were great. So great I ate them all that night. Ooops, sorry New Year's Resolution. The recipe is found here


And finally, I made a great macaroni and cheese inspired my a recipe I saw in cooking light, that uses pureed butternut squash as a base. It was a last minute idea, so I had to improvise with what I had at home. I used 1 cup of pasta and once this was cooked I mixed it with a small butternut squash mashed and mixed with 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese. I put this in a small casserole dish and topped it with some panko and shredded cheddar cheese. So creamy and delicious! Once again I ate the whole thing- but I was expecting that, so I made a very small version!




No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...