In-Between

Not too much has been happening here on this old blog since the wedding, because not too much has been happening in my life running and otherwise.

I am stuck in an in-between zone.

We decided to wait and go on our honeymoon this spring so the question of whether I can be ready (or want to be ready) for a fall marathon is now a moot point. I am enjoying having no training plan. I've been doing a lot of my favorite runs (easyish 6 milers), but also tossing in some hills, longer runs, and speed-work when I feel like it. Sunday morning I had a fun track session running through the sprinklers. I did 2 x 800, 2 x 400, and 4 x 200. There is something about just being able to make up the work-out as you go that makes it so much more fun.

I am not, however, enjoying the lack of a plan when it comes to the rest of my life. The healthcare information technology consulting market has a hit a slow down, forcing me to consider what I really want do with my life. I knew I'd be confronting this at some point in the next few years when we are ready to start a family and I can't travel all the time, but I wasn't expecting it to happen quite so soon. Do I want to go back to school? Do I want to try and teach yoga full time? Do I want to find a job in my current industry in Portland? I feel like I have too many choices and not enough at the same time.

I am trying to use the knowledge I gained in my yoga teacher training to get myself through this all without going crazy. Honor transitions and recognize that they are just as important as the poses themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...