In-Between

Not too much has been happening here on this old blog since the wedding, because not too much has been happening in my life running and otherwise.

I am stuck in an in-between zone.

We decided to wait and go on our honeymoon this spring so the question of whether I can be ready (or want to be ready) for a fall marathon is now a moot point. I am enjoying having no training plan. I've been doing a lot of my favorite runs (easyish 6 milers), but also tossing in some hills, longer runs, and speed-work when I feel like it. Sunday morning I had a fun track session running through the sprinklers. I did 2 x 800, 2 x 400, and 4 x 200. There is something about just being able to make up the work-out as you go that makes it so much more fun.

I am not, however, enjoying the lack of a plan when it comes to the rest of my life. The healthcare information technology consulting market has a hit a slow down, forcing me to consider what I really want do with my life. I knew I'd be confronting this at some point in the next few years when we are ready to start a family and I can't travel all the time, but I wasn't expecting it to happen quite so soon. Do I want to go back to school? Do I want to try and teach yoga full time? Do I want to find a job in my current industry in Portland? I feel like I have too many choices and not enough at the same time.

I am trying to use the knowledge I gained in my yoga teacher training to get myself through this all without going crazy. Honor transitions and recognize that they are just as important as the poses themselves.


Comments