Girls on the Run


I am getting to do something this spring that I've been wanting to do for quite awhile. I am coaching a Girls on the Run team!


For those of you who haven't heard of it, Girls on the Run is a season long program with a curriculum that focuses on 3 key areas: understanding ourselves, valuing relationships and teamwork and understanding how we connect with and shape the world at large. 
Through fun running games each lesson, the girls develop the endurance and the confidence to run a 5k at the end of the season.

I am coaching a 3-5 grade team at my local elementary school. We've been meeting for 2 weeks now and I am just so blown away by the energy and enthusiasm of my girls. I leave every practice in such a great mood and feel so inspired. My own running has even taken on a new meaning as I think about all the opportunities it has brought me.


Please think about getting involved with this awesome organization. They need coaches, run buddies to run the final 5k with the girls, or even just financial support. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

35

I turned 35 in June. It's an age that felt both momentous and ominous to me. I'm not just an adult, I'm an ADULT. I've never...